Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Promise to myself to Journal more

Journaling on a regular basis is something that I would like to integrate into my life. I have a tendency to journal sporadically and when I do, I write so infuriatingly that I nearly tear my journal apart. When I am so overwhelmed with emotions (mostly bad ones), I turn to my journal and let my feelings go. Pages and pages of pent-up feelings stream out. When I look back into my journal entries, it seems that I am just a giant ball of emotional despair and instability. I want to end this “crisis journaling” now, and start a journal that also captures the happy moments in my life.

After I let my emotions wrathfully fill the pages, I become a lot more mentally calm and then I start to reflect on my writings. Even though I am a crisis journal-er, I still find bits of aha! moments- moments in which I discover truths, epiphanies, and even points of inspiration in my writing. I become a lot more grounded and gain new perspective on the situation. In short, I feel better after journaling. I think this is a healthy happy habit to have in my life, so I’m promising myself to make time to journal on a regular basis. I am hoping that from journaling, I can make progress my personal growth and continue to develop emotional clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment